- Issue 219...July/August 2011....20th Year
- THIS MONTH's TOPICS
- Does intensive glucose control in type 2 diabetes make sense?
- Coffee and cancer
- Is chronic fatigue syndrome caused by a virus?
- Infant mortality and number of vaccine doses routinely given
- Zinc and the common cold
- Acetaminophen (Tylenol) and blood-related cancer
- Risk of upper gastrointestinal bleeding by adding aspirin to other drugs
- Omega-3 fatty acids and depression
- The Big Short. Inside the doomsday machine
by Michael Lewis
W. W. Norton & Company, New York, 2010
- 13 Things That Don't Make Sense. The most baffling scientific mysteries of our time
by Michael Brooks
Anchor Canada - Random House, 2009
- Deadly Spin. An insurance company insider speaks out on how corporate PR is killing health care and deceiving Americans
by Wendell Potter
Bloomsbury Press, New York, 2010
- Hippocrates' Shadow, Secrets from the House of Medicine.
What doctor's don't know, don't tell you, and how the truth can repair the patient-doctor breach.
by David H. Newman, MD
Simon and Schuster, New York, 2008
- The World According to Monsanto. Pollution, corruption and the control of our food supply.
by Marie-Monique Robin
The New Press, New York, 2010
Reviewed by William R. Ware, PhD
- THE AFIB REPORT