Search results for 'inflammation'
Documents 21 - 30 of 101 matches.
More 's indicate a better match.
- International Health News Letter to the Editor – April 2001
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR – JUNE 2001 My mother suffers from extreme weakness due to herpes viral encephalitis. Doctors have not come up with anything to help. Do you have any information on this that could help us? KC, USA Editor: Enhancement of the immune system is key in fighting herpes infections. Vitamin
03/02/04, 3101 bytes
- NEWSBRIEF – SEPTEMBER 2002
- NEWSBRIEF - Gum disease may mean heart problems Several researchers presenting papers at the 12th International Conference on Periodontal Research believe that there is a connection between periodontal (gum) disease and atherosclerosis. They point out that both conditions have been linked to bacterial
03/02/04, 3122 bytes
- NEWSBRIEF – JUNE 2001
- NEWSBRIEF - Asthma linked to chronic infection A team of American researchers has discovered a link between chronic infection and chronic asthma. They found that 31 (56 per cent) of 55 patients with asthma tested positive for Mycoplasma or Chlamydia bacteria in biopsy samples from their lungs. This
03/02/04, 2892 bytes
- Is there a link between hepatitis and rheumatoid arthritis?
- Is there a link between hepatitis and rheumatoid arthritis? BUDAPEST, HUNGARY. Hungarian medical researchers have raised the intriguing possibility that there may be a link between the hepatitis-B virus and rheumatoid arthritis. They cite as evidence the following: * At least 20 patients have developed
03/02/04, 3906 bytes
- New test predicts sudden cardiac death
- New test predicts sudden cardiac death BOSTON, MASSACHUSETTS. About half of the 500,000 deaths occurring in the United States every year due to coronary heart disease happen suddenly. For half the victims of sudden cardiac death (SCD) death is the first indication that anything was wrong with their
03/02/04, 4730 bytes
- NEWSBRIEF – OCTOBER 2001
- NEWSBRIEF - Heart attacks kill fitness buffs Ever since 16 Swedish elite orienteers at the peak of fitness died of heart attacks researchers have been trying to find out why. They now believe they know. Dr. Lars Wesslen of Uppsala University found two strains of the Bartonella bacterium in the hearts
03/02/04, 3223 bytes
- Glutamine and arginine help immune system
- Glutamine and arginine help immune system EDMONTON, CANADA. Infectious diseases initiated by virus, parasite or bacteria are common worldwide and tend to affect people with compromised immune systems to a greater extent than they affect healthy people. There is growing evidence that the two amino acids
03/02/04, 4534 bytes
- International Health News Editorial – April 2002
- EDITORIAL – APRIL 2002 A year ago we reported that Harvard researchers had found that eating lots of fruits and vegetables do not, as previously thought, protect against lung and colon cancers. This rather startling finding raised the obvious question of how come researchers 30 years ago concluded
03/02/04, 4294 bytes
- NEWSBRIEF – SEPTEMBER 2000
- NEWSBRIEF - Is obesity infectious? It is fairly well-accepted that bacterial infections cause stomach ulcers and may be involved in some cases of heart disease as well. Now Dr. Nikhil Dhurandhar of Wayne State University proposes that many cases of obesity may have their root in a viral infection.
03/02/04, 3331 bytes
- Fish oils and heart disease
- Fish oils and heart disease AALBORG, DENMARK. It is increasingly clear that atherosclerosis is, at least partially, an inflammatory disease. There is also growing evidence that high blood levels of C-reactive protein (CRP) are associated with an increased risk of coronary heart disease and heart attacks
03/02/04, 4061 bytes