Search results for 'antioxidants'
Documents 41 - 50 of 102 matches.
More 's indicate a better match.
- Lycopene and atherosclerosis
- Lycopene and atherosclerosis PISA, ITALY. Italian researchers report an inverse correlation between blood level of lycopene and the severity of atherosclerosis. Their study involved 11 healthy subjects with no indication of hypertension or atherosclerosis, 11 patients with hypertension, and 11 patients
03/02/04, 4175 bytes
- Alpha-Lipoic Acid: The Universal Antioxidant
... : THE UNIVERSAL ANTIOXIDANT by Hans R. Larsen, MSc ChE Vitamins C and E, beta-carotene and selenium are considered to be the most important dietary antioxidants. Vitamin-C is water-soluble and protects the cell fluid from free radical attacks while vitamin-E is fat-soluble and mainly involved in protecting
03/27/04, 12326 bytes
- Faulty Genes: What You Can Do
... stress. Oxidative stress is created when the production of reactive oxygen species or free radicals is out of balance with the availability of antioxidants. Our body is constantly coping with oxidative stress whether it has its origins in our digestive processes, our energy- producing processes or in
03/27/04, 10282 bytes
- Coenzyme Q10 - The Wonder Nutrient
... ON COENZYME Q10 REFERENCES * Kagan, Valerian E., et al. Coenzyme Q: Its role in scavenging and generation of radicals in membranes. In Handbook of Antioxidants, eds. Enrique Cadenas and Lester Packer, NY, Marcel Dekker, Inc., 1996, pp. 157-201 * Littarru, Gian Paolo, et al. Clinical aspects of coenzyme
03/27/04, 19908 bytes
- Sunscreens and Cancer
... 30 mg of beta-carotene a day protects against the suppression of the immune system by UVA rays(13). * DO make sure to supplement your diet with antioxidants. Dr. Abram Hoffer in Victoria, Canada recommends that vitamin C, vitamin E, and selenium be used as a protection against the damages of excessive
03/27/04, 22436 bytes
- Alternative Medicine: Why so popular?
- International Health News - Your
Gateway to Better Health This report investigates the reasons why acupuncture, homeopathy, herbal medicine, vitamin therapy and other alternative modalities are flourishing ALTERNATIVE MEDICINE: WHY SO POPULAR? by Hans R. Larsen, MSc ChE In 1997 Americans made 627
03/27/04, 20135 bytes
- International Health News - Research Reports
... Rip-off SARS: More Questions Than Answers Air Travel and Deep Vein Thrombosis VITAMINS AND SUPPLEMENTS Alpha-Lipoic Acid: The Universal Antioxidant Antioxidants: The Case for Supplements Alpha-tocopherol: The Great Protector Vitamin E: Your Heart's Best Friend Vitamin C: The Ultimate Health Insurance
04/01/07, 11146 bytes
- Heart Disease: Causes, Prevention and Treatment
... , healthy arteries which would not be prone to tears and injuries(2,13,14). Many scientific studies have shown that a lack of vitamin C and other antioxidants increases the risk of heart disease and stroke(2,15-23). Other major risk factors for cardiovascular disease are smoking, a high level of cholesterol
03/27/04, 80012 bytes
- Alzheimer's Disease: What Is Known About Delaying Or Preventing Its Onset Or Progression?
- International Health News - Your
Gateway to Better Health Comprehensive review of the latest research into the prevention of Alzheimer's disease ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE: WHAT IS KNOWN ABOUT DELAYING AND PREVENTING ITS ONSET AND PROGRESSION? by William R. Ware, Ph.D. Emeritus Professor of Chemistry, University
03/27/04, 123211 bytes
- Vitamin C and cancer therapy
... the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center sums up the benefits of combining chemotherapy with vitamin C supplementation in these words, “…. antioxidants (including vitamin C) do not protect cancer cells against free radical and growth-inhibitory effects of standard therapy. On the contrary,
10/10/05, 5553 bytes